Apr 3, 2014

Really Cute Boots!

Hello, and happy Thursday, crafty friends. Julie O here today. Our theme this month on the challenge blog is "All Things Spring" and I made a card that fits that theme. As is often the case, today's card comes with a story.  There's a nursing assistant where I work that is always looking for fun galoshes she can wear when she is helping residents shower.  She thinks it makes it more fun, and not such a loss of their dignity.  My father, before he died, used to laugh at her boots and say, "I want those boots!"  Patti would answer back, "You can't have them", or "They won't fit!" or something to that effect.  They had this "boot thing".  She misses my dad terribly, too.  So, Patti, this card is for you:
I used lots of 3 Girl JAM jute ribbon and string on this card, 'cause it added to the cute effect. The boots were colored with Copic markers.  They are a stamp from Unity Stamp Co.  The sentiment stamp is from Great Impressions Stamps. The 6x6 papers are My Mind's Eye Lime Twist.  The petite umbrella die is by Memory Box. The Kraft base is Close To My Heart.
And, in case you need a close up of the sentiment, and the 3 Girl JAM jute string, here it is...
That's it.  That's all the advice I have for you today.  Unless, of course, you want some of this jute string and ribbon for yourself.  Then, I suggest using discount code JO10 in the 3 Girl JAM store.  It's good for anything in the store.  Yeah, Julie's like that.  Really generous. 
Have you linked up with our "All Things Spring" challenge yet?  It's going on the month of April.  Join in!

3 comments:

  1. I love your stories Julie O and…I love those boots!! Great sentiment, well shucks, it's just a great card all the way around lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wellies and the sentiment are fabulous! Love the colour scheme you have used too. Thanks for another great challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete