Jul 4, 2013

Stickpins & Pinwheels

Happy 4th of July.  This is Cheri from DJ's Sundries and I am so thankful to live in this great country.  I trust that everyone will have a great and safe time celebrating our country's birthday.  I think that crafting for the 4th of July is so much fun and I wanted to share this little craft with you today.


I enjoy participating in swaps.  One of my favorite items to swap is stick pins because they are so pretty.  The current swap that I am participating in is a red, white, and blue swap.  The stick pins have to be in a holder of some kind.  As I was playing on Pinterest recently, I ran across these pinwheel hair clips.  I decided that they would make a perfect holder for this month's stick pins once I modified them to fit my needs.  That's right - 2 fun gifts in 1.

You will need:
3Girl JAM Red, White, and Blue bundle found here
red, white and blue felt - cut into 4" squares
Buttons
Adhesive or thread to make pinwheels (I used E600 and thread)
Hair clips or barretts
Stick Pins (if you want to use this as a dual purpose project)

I am unsure of the measurement or the instructions for the pinwheels that I found on Pinterest.  However, 4 inches made the perfect little holders for me.  They also used little painted wooden stars in place of the button and ribbon centers.

Please head over to DJ's Sundries by clicking here to find the full tutorial on how I made these pretty holders.  Thanks for stopping by and remember to take some time to enjoy the little things.


1 comment:

  1. Very PRETTY!
    Happy 4th of July.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete