Mar 26, 2013

Welcome Spring Plaques

Hi everyone! This is Elizabeth from 217 Creations.  Today I am here to share some spring inspiration. I know I could really use it. Frankly I am sick of the snow.
 
So I thought I would lift my spirits and work with some fabulous 3Girl Jam Crinkle Ribbon in Summer Sprinkles.  It is available in the Seasons Bundle.  This is my favorite bundle from 3 Girl Jam. 
 
My plaques are made from 5 by 7 hard canvases from Joann.  The images on the front are from a European craft company called Reddy.  My Local Scrapbook Store here in Kansas City sells Reddy kits. Each layer has a number.  You match it up and adhere the layers with pop dots. Think fussy cutting and layering without having to cut!
(Click to enlarge)

I mounted the pictures over the painted canvas.  I then hand-pleated with hot glue (lo-temp) the 3 Girl Jam Summer Sprinkles Crinkle Ribbon.  Remember when you are allowing your length for pleating,  Give yourself more length than just stretching it out straight.  To do each  5 by 7 plaque, I used about 2/3 yard.
My final step was to punch a hole for the satin ribbon and hang the plaque on the wall. I love these little pieces. They make me smile even when the calender says end of March but my yard looks like December. Please feel free to stop by my personal blog at 217 Creations for lots of pictures and close ups, plus more details! Have a creative day!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, a breath of spring when there's still 2 feet of snow in the yard! Thanks for the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!! And I love the new patterned flair in the shop!!

    ReplyDelete